CHAPTER SEVEN What White Caucus Does
URA WC Meetings
- Build trust and relationships with each other.
- Share and deepen our understanding of white/Euro cultures. Reconnect to our roots.
- Culture sharing
- Direct action, strategizing, organizing
- Role playing – practicing and trying out strategies for addressing racism
- A space to work through/ safe to say fucked up things without burdening people of color
- Strategize around structural racism, not just interpersonal. long-term strategy vs. actions that feel more urgent
- Strategize how to address racism in our homes, communities, workplaces, etc.
- Share ongoing events/organizing activity
- Learn about anti-racist white history
- Share articles, videos, book club
- Put up a web site/web page on URA site
- Make a zine
- Collectively decide what to publish
- Anti-racist white history
- Rules of engagement for white people
- Raise money for URA trainings and other activities
- Recruit people to take the training
- Be able to intervene when problematic behavior.